6-WEEK FRENCH LANGUAGE PROGRAM IN TOURS
Learn French in the heartland of France! Spend six weeks in the city of Tours, a vibrant university town of 300,000 in the Loire Valley, located just one hour southwest of Paris. Immerse yourself in French language and culture through intensive classes at the Institut de Touraine. While living with local French host families, students will explore the historic medieval district in Tours and soak up regional culture, including one full-day excursion and two half-day excursions to the famous châteaux of Touraine. Students will also discover the City of Lights, with a three-night stay in Paris, visiting major cultural sites such as Notre-Dame, Arc de Triomphe, Montmartre and world-class museums.
: 9 Credit Hours Equivalent
Courses and Cultural Activities: French language and/or culture
French I is a required pre-requisite. Students need to have at least a 2.5 GPA in order to participate in this program.
May 22 – July 6, 2019
February 8, 2019
Total Program Price:
Application Fee: $150 (non-refundable)
Charged: February 8, 2019
Program Fee: $6,030
Charged: February 22, 2019
*All fees are charged to MSU student accounts.
Program fee includes:
Program fee does not include:
- International Health and Emergency Assistance insurance
- Tuition (9 credits) and books at Institut de Touraine
- 3-day excursion to Paris with lodging and 2 meals a day
- Host family housing
- Breakfast and dinner during the week and all meals on weekends
- Laundry twice a week
- Tours bus pass
- All excursion and entrance fees
- Airport shuttle to and from Paris airport
- OSA $30 Software Fee (charged to Student Account upon course registration)
- Lunches during the week
Lydia King, email@example.com
**Mississippi State University reserves the right to modify the program or its costs as necessitated by changes in the international economic situation or to cancel the program if necessary.